The Beta 98H/C miniature cardioid condenser microphone clamps onto the bell of wind instruments or onto the rim of percussion instruments. The integrated gooseneck and ratcheting swivel joint allows the mic to be easily positioned and secured, and an isolation shock-mount reduces the transmission of instrument vibrations. A gooseneck angle brace is included to provide better retention of the desired microphone placement.
Featuring a highly consistent cardioid polar pattern, the Beta 98H/C provides high gain before feedback and smooth off-axis rejection. It's ability to handle extremely high sound pressure levels (SPL) makes it ideal for live sound reinforcement on a variety of instruments.
Shure WB98H/C Instrument Microphone
- The WB98H/C features transformerless preamplifier circuitry, which improves linearity across the full frequency range.
- The pickup pattern of the Beta 98H/C provides high gain-before-feedback and excellent rejection of unwanted noise.
- Its high maximum sound pressure level (SPL) enables it to handle the extreme demands of brass, woodwind and percussion instruments.
- Tailored frequency response for studio quality performance
- Wide dynamic range for use in high SPL environments
- Uniform cardioid pattern for high gain before feedback and superior rejection of off-axis sound
- Compact design reduces stage clutter
- Interchangeable microphone cartridges with different polar patterns are available
- Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness, and reliability