The Model SM7B dynamic microphone has a smooth, flat, wide-range frequency response appropriate for music and speech in all professional audio applications. It features excellent shielding against electromagnetic hum generated by computer monitors, neon lights, and other electrical devices. In addition to its standard windscreen, it also includes the A7WS windscreen for close-talk applications.
The SM7B is an outstanding choice for the following applications:
- Recording Studio—Instrumental and Vocal
- Location Recording
- Motion Picture and Television Scoring
- Television, Talk Shows, and News Desks
- Radio Announcing and Production
Shure SM7B Cardioid Dynamic Vocal Microphone
The SM7B can be mounted on a microphone stand or hung from a boom. It is shipped in the boom mounting configuration. To set up the SM7B in the microphone stand mounting configuration, proceed as follows:
- Remove tightening nuts on the sides.
- Remove the fitted washers, the lock washers, the outer brass washers, and the brass sleeves.
- Slide the bracket off the microphone. Be careful not to lose the washers still on the microphone.
- Invert and rotate the bracket. Slide it back onto the bolts over the brass and plastic washers still on the microphone. The bracket should fit so the XLR connector faces the rear of the microphone, and the Shure logo on the back of the microphone is right-side up.
- Replace the brass sleeves. Be sure they are seated properly within the inner washers.
- Replace the outer brass washers, the lock washers and the fitted washers.
- Replace the tightening nuts and tighten the microphone at the desired angle.
NOTE: If the tightening nuts do not hold the microphone in position, one or both of the brass sleeves may not be properly seated within all the washers.